In this team building class you will learn to make fluffy Japanese soufflé pancakes from scratch. Soufflé pancakes are served in trendy cafes all over Japan and are perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
This class is suitable for all cooking levels, from novice to expert, and since the ingredients are found in most kitchens, this class is perfect for virtual team building. Kenji will walk you through all the steps to make this light, fluffy, and mouthwatering treat.
Gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan options are available!
There is no delivery involved in this virtual event.
How to join:
This is a virtual event hosted on Zoom. We'll send you a link in your booking confirmation email.
What to bring:
- hand mixer or stand mixer (hand whisk can be used instead to make meringue but electric mixer is much easier)
- large non-stick fry pan with lid (at least 2 inches deep; lid required since we will be steaming the pancakes. A sauce pan with lid or pot with lid can be used if you don't have a fry pan with a lid)
- 2 large glass, metal or ceramic mixing bowls (plastic bowls are not recommended since they can hold traces of oil which will make it difficult to make meringue)
- heavy duty parchment paper cut into 2 inch x 12 inch strips (2 strips. If you do not have heavy duty parchment paper you can double up and make 4 strips. Parchment paper will be used for making the pancake molds)
- scotch tape
- scissors to cut parchment paper
- toothpick or skewer
...and these ingredients:
- 2 eggs (6 tablespoons of aquafaba can be substituted for vegan pancakes)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour (gluten free flour can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk (non-dairy milk ie: soy, almond, etc can be substituted)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- vegetable oil to grease the pan
- 1/2 cup of water
- maple syrup or honey (optional, to taste)
- strawberries or other fruit (optional, to taste)
- powdered sugar (optional, to taste)
- whipped cream (optional, to taste)
Kenji is a great teacher, and the recipe was just the right combination of fun and learning. Highly recommended!
This event was amazing! Our team was a bit burned out with wine and chocolate tastings so this was a very welcome alternative. Kenji is an amazing host! Incredibly personable and knowledgeable.
I highly, highly recommend anyone looking for a corporate or even personal event to choose Kenji and the Japanese Souffle Pancake making class. Learn for a pro and all around wonderful person!
Kenji taught a fun end-of-year class for my team. The multiple camera angles and Kenji's kind nature helped the team make delicious, instagramable pancakes. One attendee said it was her favorite social thing she has done. I could not recommend this cooking class enough!
Really enjoyed learning about making Japanese souffle with Kenji!
Grace period: free cancellation within 24 hours of booking deposit or confirmation but no later than 24 hours prior to the event start time. After that, cancel at least 7 days prior to the event to receive full refund (minus booking fee).
up to 80 people
from $54/person | $320 minimum