Often organizations bring DEI work (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) to the office with the best intentions. However, without foundational communication skills, explicit community practices surrounding the conversations or a workplace climate committed to equity in action, these efforts can backfire, leaving co-workers on edge and reluctant to address this important topic.
Before we can address or resolve conflict in a constructive way, we have to know our personal relationship to conflict and communication. We need to build capacity on an individual and organizational level to engage in these tricky conversations.
In this interactive workshop, team members will:
- Gain self-awareness and a stronger sense of Self by exploring their personal identities
- Develop interpersonal skills that will help them connect with their coworkers on a deeper level
- Practice foundational social-emotional skills that will translate into improved workplace climate, increased productivity and connection.
After this workshop, participants will
- Be better equipped to have more constructive and productive conversations
- Have identified their individual values and strengths
- Have a set of strategies and tools to start crucial conversations or disrupt unconscious biases.
Your guide for this session is Makeda, a Stanford graduate with over 15 years of experience in Training and Education. Her offerings are informed by her degrees in Psychology (BA) and Education (MA) and experience as a:
- Featured coach for executives, entrepreneurs and students on habit formation app, Coach.me
- Trainer for social-emotional learning, restorative justice and racial equity at Morningside Center for Teaching Social Responsibility
- Trained Mindfulness Facilitator through Inward Bound Mindfulness Education
- Mindfulness mentor for over 16 meditation retreats (including Harvard University and Koru Mindfulness)
Makeda facilitates courageous conversations in a variety of settings, guiding participants toward increased self-awareness. Through perspective taking practices, she builds capacity throughout organizations for empathy and other invaluable skills.
Up to 100 people • 1 hr
Deepen understanding of your self and your team members through empowering & engaging interactive session
no delivery involved
There is no delivery involved in this virtual event.
This is a virtual event.
A Zoom link is provided by default in your confirmation email, but you can use other video conferencing software if you prefer.
- A willingness to try something new
- Something to stay hydrated
- Something to gather reflections (pen & paper)
The Dream Center
Makeda’s suggestions and insights are fantastic. This is powerful and important work and I’m excited (and nervous) to begin!
Change and the unknown can terrify people. Making this “familiar” is a good future focus. This was an excellent training and experience. Thank you!
You were wonderful! Thank you for being super present, listening and allowing space for all of us and our ranging levels of expertise/skills. You really made my PD feel like personal development
Grace period: free cancellation within 24 hours of booking deposit or confirmation (Unless booked within 24 hours of the event start time). After that, cancel at least 7 days prior to the event to receive a full refund (minus service fee).