This hands-on, live demonstration lets you observe, focus, and relax as you practice traditional Japanese marbling techniques.
Suminagashi - the art of "floating ink" - is a Japanese technique that uses plain paper as a transfer material for calligraphy ink that floats in swirls on the surface of water.
For hundreds of years, the art of Suminagashi has been used to mimic beautiful patterns found on natural marble stone. In this deeply meditative virtual experience, you too will create mesmerizing pieces while learning more about Japanese culture and traditions.
The event runs for an hour and all materials can be shipped globally.
The kit includes:
- Sumi Ink (3 colors)
- Aluminum Tray Container
- Rice Paper
- Picture Frame (5x7)
- Wooden Coasters (2)
- Pair of gloves
- Paint Board
- Featured snack
- Pre-event instructions and DIY directions
Up to 250 people • 1 hr • Kit delivery
Includes materials to make Japanese Marbling Drink Coaster and Wall Art
includes shipping cost
US shipping is included. International shipping starts at ~$50/person, based on location.
Please open kit on arrival and look for instructions on care of your kit, and important prep for your event.
- Damaged and incorrect items in your kit will be reshipped at no cost.
- Abandoned & Unclaimed Kits: Unresponsive guests with delivery issues have five (5) business days to schedule a redelivery/pick up with the carrier before the kit returns to us. Refund or free redelivery is not applicable.
- Kits reported missing or damaged if marked as delivered are not insured.
This virtual event is hosted exclusively on Zoom.
We will send you a link in your booking confirmation email.
- Rubbing alcohol or dish soap
- Paper towels
- Tap water
- Open kit on arrival, store in cool place
- Before event, create soap mixture: Mix 1 drop of liquid soap with 1/4 cup of tap water
- Clear counter space
- Wear clothes that are ok to be stained
BE READY TO:
- Enjoy the featured snack
Our hosts were lively and welcoming, and the art was interesting to explore. Thank you!
Meta Platforms, Inc
I am not artistic at all but this was really fun. Thank you so much
Host and Instructor were awesome and had super great energy. The event was therapeutic and included very thorough instructions and guidance throughout the event. We received a ton of positive feedback from the team and everyone truly enjoyed this activity and felt they were able to be creative in new form of art. Thank you for the memorable experience!
What a fun calming activity! Def something I'd recommend to others. It was a great break from a hectic work day :) Thanks!
Grace period: free cancellation within 24 hours of booking deposit or confirmation but no later than 48 hours prior to the event start time. After that, cancel at least 14 days prior to the event to receive full refund (minus booking fee).